1882 Estate Map of Bellamour House
The main manor house of Colton from the mid 17th. century onwards was at Bellamour. There were in fact two houses built on this site- the first by Herbert Aston in the 1640's and the second by Mary Blount for her son in the second half of the 18th, Century. The picture above shows this second house when it was in the ownership of the Horsfall family.
The gardens were supposed to be some of the finest in Staffordshire.